The other day I woke up to some very exciting news: I’ve been tagged for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I was nominated by Clara @ Tales of Teacups (thank you SO MUCH for tagging me, I’m so honored!!!), and you should really go check out her blog because she’s really kind and her posts are always so amazing!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Since when do you blog? What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
I started blogging a little over a month ago, so I’m still pretty new! My favorite thing about blogging is interacting with other bloggers in the community since everyone here is so friendly and welcoming.
What kind of posts do you enjoy writing the most?
Hmmmmm… I haven’t actually written many posts yet, so I’m not sure if I have a favorite type to write. However, I’m really looking forward to writing discussion posts since I have some cool ideas for those.
What hobbies do you have aside from reading?
I love baking, listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat (does that count as a hobby?), and playing the double bass in my school string orchestra.
If you could live in a fictional world, which one would you choose? Why?
Ariwiya, from We Hunt the Flame! WHTF is my favorite book, and I would love nothing more than to live in the same world as my favorite characters!
What fictional character would you like to befriend?
Um, all of them?? Especially Altair from We Hunt the Flame, Nadia from the Forgetting, Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn, and Inej and Nina from Six of Crows.
What’s your comfort food?
My grandmother’s homemade pho, because it’s the most delicious food on the planet!
Is there any book that you would NEVER read?
I can’t think of any specific books right now, but if a book contains problematic or hurtful content, I don’t want to read it.
Do you listen to music while reading?
No, it’s hard for me to concentrate on a book while listening to music. I sometimes listen to music before I read to get me in the mood for certain books, but not while I’m reading it.
What’s a book that you would recommend to anyone?
Well my favorite book is We Hunt the Flame, BUT I’ve already recommended it for some of the answers on here, so instead I’m going to choose The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron! It’s really amazing and isn’t talked about enough in the bookish community. If you’re into sci-fi or dystopia, I highly recommend it!
Favourite book quote.
I have a lot of these, but here’s just a few of my favorites:
- “Together, we will raise the dunes from the earth, and rain death from the sky. Together, we are capable of anything.” ― Hafsah Faizal, We Hunt the Flame
- “What’s the point of having a voice if you’re gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn’t be?” ― Angie Thomas, The Hate U Give
- “The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.” ― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
- “I won’t let your ignorance silence my pain.” ― Tomi Adeyemi, Children of Blood and Bone
- “Some things exist in our lives for but a brief moment. And we must let them go on to light another sky.” ― Renee Ahdieh, The Wrath and the Dawn
- “We never say no to tea.” ― Robin Stevens, Mistletoe and Murder
Name a song that reminds you of a happy time in your life.
Riptide by Vance Joy. It’s not usually the type of music I listen to, but it brings back memories of one of my favorite summers.
People I tag:
Leaf Pages @ Leafpages
Terri @ Reader Terri
Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal
Katie @ The Storybook Sisters
Isabella @ Solace in Reading
Cherelle @ Cherelle the Bibliophile
Erin @ Reading on a Star
Aria @ Book Nook Bits
Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.
Sumedha @ The Wordy Habitat
Yhel @ Ended Up Reading
- What’s your favorite book of all time, and why?
- Do you have any pets? (cute pictures are appreciated, but not required)
- Who’s your favorite musical artist?
- If you could switch lives with any fictional character, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging? Least favorite?
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- Besides reading or blogging, what’s something you’re passionate about?
- How do you organize your bookshelf?
- What’s your dream job?
- Why do you love reading?
- Can you describe your perfect day?
Don’t feel pressured to accept this nomination if you can’t or don’t want to (i think a few of you might have already been tagged by other people but I’m not sure, so again no pressure), but if you do decide to participate I look forward to reading your answers! All of these bloggers are so amazing, so please go check out their blogs!!! And again, thank you Clara for nominating me, please go follow her if you haven’t already! Thank you for reading, and I hope you all have a beautiful day!!!